I am trying to increase the consumption of cucumber because of the numerous health benefits and the fact that it also helps in maintaining weight. I generally do not let the vegetables cook for long when I am making this dish for myself, and have a big bowl for breakfast or dinner.
- Cucumber diced - 2 cup
- Onion - 1/2 cup diced
- Chilli - 1 Chilli/ to taste
- Tomato - 1/2 cup diced
- Besan -1tbsp
- Oil - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat pan add oil and the usual rai/jeera tadka.
- Add onions and cook for few minutes.
- Add chilli, tomato and cucumber - cook until tomato turns mushy.
- Make a paste of besan with water and pour into the pan. You can also mix besan in buttermilk if you like the slight sourness.
- Add salt and turmeric and cook covered until the raw smell of besan disappears. Approx 5 mins on medium heat.
- Serve as is or as a side dish for Chapathi.