This is an effort to get more sesame seeds incorporated into our diet. There are quite a lot of benefits of eating sesame. There are quite a few traditional south indian foods that incorporated sesame. This dish has the oregano spice mix that is used in pizzas and the goodness of sesame rolled into a paratha. Anytime snack or a meal in itself if served with a bowl of dal/sabzi and curd. This is a picture when the paratha is rolled and the filling is spread. Will take a picture of the final product and publish next time.
- Chapathi dough - 1 medium sized ball
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Oregano seasoning - 1tsp
- Oil - 1/4 tsp
- Roll the chapathi dough.
- Smear oil on the dough, spread sesame seeds and oregano seasoning.
- Fold it into a triangular paratha or roll it as a cigar for a circular paratha.
- Shallow fry on the tawa as any regular paratha.
- Serve it with a dollop of butter, pickle and dahi. Pack it with a sookha sabji for a complete meal or serve it with sauce for snack.
- You can increase or decrease the seeds and seasoning according to your taste.
- Oregano can be replaced with ajwain(carrom seeds).
- Heat left over paratha on a pan, spread some tomato sauce and add some grated cheese for a pizza style paratha.