Quick 5 minutes curry with sprouts and left over roti from dinner - whole some and colorful lunch. That the lunch box is green adds to the effect. I started eating before remembering to take a picture and that explains the torn roti.
- Mung Sprouts - 2 cups
- Tomato - 1 medium
- Onion - 1 small
- Chilli - 1 slit into half
- Chilli powder - to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
- Black Salt to taste
- Oil - 1/4 tsp
- Heat the pan, add oil and the jeera/rai seasoning.
- Slightly cook the chopped onions and add tomatoes.
- Add the sprouts, chilli, turmeric powder, black salt and cook on high heat for about 2-3 minutes for the sprouts to cook thru but retain the crunch.
- Add fresh coriander for garnish if desired.
- Cool and pack with 2 rotis.
- My food is on the spicy side. Reduce/omit chilli if you cannot stand the heat.
- Cooking on high for 2 minutes is enough for mung sprouts - really.