This is a regular side dish in our house for dosas along with coconut chutney. I serve the curry on the side instead of stuffing the dosas. That way the dosa stays crisp for long.
- Potatoes - 5 medium boiled and peeled
- Diced Onion - 2 cups
- Diced Chilli - 2 Chilli/ to taste
- Diced Tomatoes - 3/4 cup
- Minced Ginger - 1tsp
- Corriander - 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves - few
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and jeera, when they crackle add curry leaves.
- Add ginger and let it fry for few seconds. Then add onions and chilli.
- Cover the pan for 2 minutes for the onions to cook.
- Once the onions are half cooked add the tomatoes.
- Once the onions and tomatoes are cooked, dice the cooked potatoes and add them to the mixture.
- Sprinkle corriander, mix the curry and put the lid on for couple of minutes for the curry to heat thru.
- Serve with Dosa or Chapathi.
- Onions, ginger and coriander are key to this dish. Do not reduce their quantity.
- Tomatoes add a slight tang. You can substitute this with lemon juice also. In that case add lemon juice at the end before switching off the stove.
- Left over curry can be used for making tasty cutlets.