Quest for an all in one paratha and having to make something tasty for dinner led to this. Veggies, protein and carb all in one dish. Good option for a breakfast, snack, lunch box, dinner - yep anytime anywhere dish. High on taste, high on health.
- Spinach - 1 cup cut fine
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tsp
- Ajwain/Carrom seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Chapathi flour - 1 cup
- Chat masala - 2 pinches
- Salt to taste
- Paneer - 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder - to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
- Black Salt to taste
- Finely cut the spinach, add the sesame, carrom, salt, flour and knead if required with a little water.
- Mix the paneer with chlli, turmeric and salt.
- Roll the dough and stuff with paneer like you do for any stuffed paratha. Added a here of the rolled paratha before frying.
- Pan fry with/without oil on medium heat.
- Methi can easily replace the spinach.
- There is no need to blanch the spinach leaves. They get cooked well when the paratha is fried.
- Tofu filling will make it vegan.
- Absolutely amazing for a day as a travel snack. Wrapped in a news paper with neembu achaar and piping hot chai. Tastes best traveling in the good old Indian Railway.