Recycle the left over dosa batter into yummy idly for breakfast. This dish is for people like us who cannot look beyond the idli/dosa options and yet want to jump on the oats band wagon.
- Dosa Batter - 1 cup
- Oats - 1 cup
- Cooking soda - pinch
- Mix the oats into the dosa batter. Add a little water if required to get the consistency of idli batter.
- Add rai/jeera seasoning into the batter for a rava idli kind of look and taste. This step is optional. The idli's taste equally fine without the seasoning too.
- Add a pinch of cooking soda for the batter to rise.
- Steam the batter for quick and tasty idlis.
- Served this with a quick rasam that can be cooked in 5 minutes. Will add the recipe and link to this post later.