My search for a spring form pan ended right in my neighborhood store where I did not expect. It is not a high end store or anything like that. Had a few steel boxes and plastic ware etc and two Ghidini Spring Form pans. Celebrating my all new cake pan and more importantly that I got it right next door - a moist, aromatic eggless cake. I know I am sounding like the hosts or cooks on the TV shows. And when you read the details you will know how I "grilled" the cake.
- Maida/All purpose floor - 2 cups
- Milk Powder - 1/2 cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1tsp
- Cooking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Grated Nutmeg - 1/tsp - optional
- Vanilla Essence - 1tsp
- Water or milk - 1/2 cup
- Take the short cut - dump everything listed above into food processor. I used my regular mixie with the dough hook attachment. No sifting nothing.
- Grease the pan and spread the cake batter. I used my beautiful spring form pan.
- At this point I realized that the convection oven option is not working.
- I choose the grill + heating from the bottom option. Not sure what this method is called. Set the timer for 7 minutes. Keep watching and turn it off before that time if in doubt.
- In a pan heat 1tbsp condensed milk and 1tbsp honey with 2/3 drops of vanilla essence - just heat.
- Once the cake is done, prick with a folk and pour the warm milk and honey mixture.
- Tastes best next day, but as I could not resist, I had a nice warm slice with coffee.
- The nutmeg flavor was not to everyone's liking. For a more universal cake, go with the vanilla essence.
- All local brands were used. To cultivate my snobbism, I will try and replace the vanilla from the bottle with the vanilla from the bean.